Monday, November 28, 2011

Another sporadic update

I cannot believe the final month of 2011 is almost here. This was a year of growing for us. I started reporting, J went back to CrossFit to train again for police jobs, and we got a kitten, Simon Le Cat, who has lit up our lives in innumerable ways. Plus, I returned to school for accounting and just got hired as a seasonal tax preparer at H&R Block. I start training this week, and though I'm nervous that I might screw up on someone's tax return and have to answer to the IRS, it's a good way to learn.

In 2012, I hope to keep growing and stretch my comfort zone a bit more. I'm still unsteady on my feet at work, trying to balance reporting, writing, design and editing (plus breaking news online, blogging and tweeting), and I hope next year is the year it clicks. I took two classes this fall with my accounting and H&R Block courses, but it got to be a little overwhelming with a more than full-time job, a husband with whom I'd like to spend time and a new kitten who wants to wake his mommy and daddy at 5 a.m. I don't remember how we used to do it at WSU, when we'd karaoke, hardly get any sleep and still manage to go to school and put a paper out every day. Maybe the key is more karaoke.

It has been a busy year, especially in the last three months or so, but it's nice to see some progress, even if it's sometimes too slow for my liking. I survived the softball and girls swimming seasons, and now it's on to boys swimming and possibly gymnastics. I'm hoping J and I will run a 5K in December. I don't run very much, but I was under 37 minutes the last time I attempted a 5K on the treadmill, so there's hope. And I have an A in accounting. One thing I'm trying to work on is counting my blessings. I'm grateful for love in human and kitten form, family, friends, our health, employment, music, a car accident-free 18 months, coffee and the return of the NBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment